In the summer of 2014 three organ concerts while in the Netherlands.
Two for the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam and one for the Hooglandse Kerk in Leiden.
The Nieuwe Kerk was built in the 15th-century as the second Parish Church in Amsterdam after the Oude Kerk. It is located on Dam Square, next to the Royal Palace.
The great organ of the Nieuwe Kerk was first built by the organ builder Germer van Hagerbeer in 1645. He died while it was under construction and it was finished by the organ builder Schonat in 1655 and later enlarged first by Jacobus van Hagerbeer and on his death by the organ builders Duyschot who finished in 1673. The organ builder Bätz worked on it in the nineteenth century. The most recent work was carried out by the Danish firm of Marcussen. The beautiful case was designed by Jacob van Campen who also designed the Palace on the Dam Square and decorated with paintings by Jan Gerritsz. van Bronchorst and carvings by Artus Quellijn.
The Hooglandse Kerk dates from the fifteenth century and while dedicated to St. Pancras is named for the high ground it was built on in the city of Leiden.
The organ of the Hooglandse Kerk was built by Pieter de Swart and finished in 1565. After this in 1637 the organ builders Van Hagerbeer worked on the organ and between 1702 and 1717 the organ builders Duyschot worked on the organ. The most recent work was carried out by the organ builder J. Ahrend.
Organ Installation Fall 2012
Historic Photographs of Organs and Bells
Brandywine Baroque May 2011, Wilmington, Delaware